Warrington Soccer Club Volunteers and Paid Coaches (Board of Directors, Coaches, Asst Coaches, Team Managers, Team Treasurers, Referees)
In order to work or volunteer on the staff of a soccer team at Warrington Soccer Club or serve on the Board of Directors, you will need to complete the state mandated Background Clearances and provide a proof of completion and/or supply your active certificates. This applies to all individuals that will be a Board Member, coach, assistant coach, travel team manager, team treasurer, or referee in the Warrington Soccer Club (WSC).
Effective July 15th, 2017 the club is using a software application called backgroundmanager.com to help volunteers acquire, store and report on individuals who have completed the required background searches. In addition the software will help store and track the annual concussion awareness certification.
The process in using the application is very straight forward. If you do not have your background checks completed, the software will help you obtain all the background certifications that you need. If you already have completed your certifications, the software will allow you to upload the copy of your certificate directly into your profile. Finally, the software will alert you when one of your certification is about to expire in order for you to update the certification.
- Each volunteer needs to establish an account whether they have existing clearances or not.
- click "start background check".
- Use organization code wsc
- Enter information as prompted. If a volunteer already has a clearance certificate they can upload it after they establish an account.
----------- Helpful Background Check Process Links----------
Risk Management is an annual requirement for all coaches, trainers, managers and board of directors.
- PA Clearance Documents (valid for 5 years, those who have 2015 dates are expiring)
- PA State Police Check
- PA Child Welfare History
- FBI Fingerprints or Affidavit
- Can be saved in separate files to be uploaded at a future date
- Concussion Training (annual)
- CDC Heads Up will be integrated with GotSport in June
- In the meantime, training can be taken directly from the CDC website. Please remember to save the certificate in a file for future upload.
- Safe Sport Training (annual)
- SafeSport will be integrated with our new GotSport registration system in June 2020.
- In the meantime, training can be taken directly from the SafeSport website. Please remember to save the certificate in a file for future upload.
- Anyone who took the course in 2019 will be eligible for a shorter refresher course as long as you use the same email that your originally used with SafeSport.
- Email email@example.com for the free access code when completing the course directly at SafeSport