2020 Winter Futures Training
The Winter Session for our Futures program will be run by our Rec DOC Neil Smart and his team of professional trainers. The Futures training is aimed at young motivated players who want to improve their game! The Futures training is open current u7 - u10 players (2010 - 2013 birth years). The program is open to all players in the local playing area ... being a member of Warrington Soccer is not required.
This is a 10 week skill development training program with small-sided games included that will focus on the following areas: Passing & Receiving, Dribbling & Foot Skills, Speed & Agility, Finishing, and Game Awareness. This program is also great complement to our Winter Indoor program.
Dates: Sundays, January 5 - March 8 - 10 weeks
Training sessions are 1 hour in length and will begin at 10:00 AM.
Fee: $175 per player or $150 if registered before November 30 (space may fill before then)
Location: Philadelphia Sports Club, Chalfont
Winter Futures 10 Week Training Curriculum
The training curriculum for the Warrington Futures program is a foundation for long-term player development that is reinforced and refined in each season as this age group of players develops coordination, physical strength, and a knowledge of the game. The Warrington Futures program will use skill development training and small-sided games to focus on the following areas: Passing & Receiving, Dribbling & Foot Skills, Speed & Agility, Finishing, and Game Awareness. An overview of the curriculum is below:
- Passing & Receiving
- Improving basic passing, and how to receive a pass comfortably and effectively. Decision-making: when to pass to feet versus pass to space.
- Dribbling & Foot Skills
- Developing “moves and fakes” and encouraging players to be creative on the ball in one versus one situations.
- Speed & Agility
- Focusing on balance, reactions, and coordination as essential qualities for an effective soccer player.
- The Finishing School
- Emphasizing ball striking, shooting, and different ways of scoring goals including power finishing, passing into the goal, using both feet, and improvisation.
- Game Awareness
- Enhancing effectiveness in game situations through small-sided and conditioned games.