Fall 2022 u5 Schedule
SUNDAYS at 12PM (or 1PM depending on enrollment numbers; you will be assigned a session by the Club; if there are two sessions the youngest players will be at 12PM and the older players at 1PM)
8/28, 9/11, 9/18, 10/2, 10/9, 10/16, 10/23
Rain Date: 10/30
A FUN and successful parent-child soccer program for over 20 years!
The WSC u5 program is overseen by our DOC and / or professional trainers.
A parent is expected to be available to assist their own child during the skills session, with additional assistance provided by volunteer parent coaches.
A pre-season parent meeting is conducted to fully explain all aspects of the u5 program.
The u5 program runs once weekly for seven weeks, usually on Sunday afternoons. There are no formal teams or team coaches just FUN 4v4 games with randomly created teams at the end of each session.
Each u5 session usually consists of:
- Warm-up activities where each parent assists their own child
- A shooting activity, parents continue to help along with the volunteer coaches
- 4v4 games overseen by professional trainers and volunteer coaches as needed
A 4v4 game will be demonstrated at the pre-season meeting so that all coaches run the games consistently.
4v4 Game Guidelines
• ONE coach (adult) only on the field during the games
• Ball out sideline: adult passes or rolls ball back in play along the ground
• Ball out endline: offense to half-field, defense dribble or pass ball back in play
• GOAL! Restart from endline or center at coach's discretion
• The one coach on the field is responsible for making the game FUN, safe and
• During games any additional coaches should supervise sideline substitutes
Each week your child should bring a #3 ball and a drink. Shin guards and cleats must be worn.
We look forward to a FUN u5 soccer season!
Warrington Soccer Club