WSC u6 Program
Fall 2022 u6 Schedule
AGP (Age Group Practices) will be held on Monday nights.
8/22, 8/29, 9/12, 9/19, 9/26, 10/3
Games will be on Saturdays at 9:00 AM at IPW Field #6.
8/27, 9/10, 9/17, 10/1, 10/8, 10/15, 10/22, 10/29
Rain Date: Will be determined as needed.
A FUN soccer program combining midweek training and weekend games!
The WSC u6 program runs for seven weeks, each week comprises a midweek training session and a weekend 4v4 game. The u6 age group has formal teams with parents as team coaches, parents please consider volunteering to coach a u6 team. Being a volunteer coach is a rewarding experience and you will receive support from our DOC and professional trainers.
u6 Training - Age Group Practices (AGP's)
Once a week every player in the u6 program is invited to an age group training session led by our DOC and professional trainers, assisted by the u6 team coaches. This AGP is the main training element of the u6 program and all u6 coaches are asked to attend.
At the u6 age group it is not necessary for the teams to have a separate team practice, although this can be arranged as long as it does not conflict with the AGP night.
Objectives of AGP's
- Provide FUN training sessions for the players
- Interaction of all players in the age group to foster a positive collective environment
- All team coaches interact for the benefit of all players in the program, also to encourage mutual support of each other during u6 games
In addition to the AGP's the u6 also play one weekend game in a 4v4 format. Each team roster is 10-12 players that break down into two 4v4 teams with subs for their games. The 4v4 game guidelines are below.
A 4v4 game will be demonstrated at the pre-season meeting so that all coaches run the games consistently.
4v4 Game Guidelines
• ONE coach (adult) only on the field during the games
• Ball out sideline: adult passes or rolls ball back in play along the ground
• Ball out endline: offense to half-field, defense dribble or pass ball back in play
• GOAL! Restart from endline or center at coach's discretion
• The one coach on the field is responsible for making the game FUN, safe and
• During games any additional coaches should supervise sideline substitutes
Players should bring a #3 ball and a drink to each AGP and game. Shin guards and cleats must be worn.
We look forward to a FUN u6 soccer season!
Warrington Soccer Club