WSC u8 Program
Fall 2022 u8 Schedule
AGP (Age Group Practices) will be held on Tuesday nights for the girls and Wednesday nights for the boys.
Girls - 8/23, 8/30, 9/6, 9/13, 9/20, 9/27
Boys - 8/24, 8/31, 9/7, 9/14, 9/21, 9/28
One team practice will be held on a night selected by the team's coach.
Games will be on Saturdays at 10:15 AM for the girls and 11:30 AM for the boys.
8/27, 9/10, 9/17, 10/1, 10/8, 10/15, 10/22, 10/29
Rain Date: Will be determined as needed.
A FUN soccer program combining midweek training and weekend games!
The WSC u8 program runs for seven weeks, each week comprising two midweek training sessions and a weekend 4v4 game. The u8 age group has formal teams with parents as team coaches, parents please consider volunteering to coach a u6 team. Being a volunteer coach is a rewarding experience and you will receive support from our DOC and professional trainers.
Age Group Practices (AGP's)
Once a week every player in the u8 program is invited to an AGP led by our DOC and professional trainers, assisted by the u8 team coaches. At these sessions team coaches will receive activity ideas that they can replicate in the more personalized individual team practices.
Individual Team Practices
In addition to the AGP team coaches should run their own individual team practice once a week on a separate night to the AGP. This allows a coach to get to know their team players and parents and to establish a positive rapport with their own team.
Objectives of AGP's
· Provide FUN training sessions for the players
· Interaction of all players in the age group to foster a positive collective environment
· All team coaches interact for the benefit of all players in the program, also to encourage mutual support of each other during u8 games
· Provide activity ideas for coaches to use at their individual team practice
In addition to the AGP's the u6 also play one weekend game in a 4v4 format. Each team roster is 10-12 players that break down into two 4v4 teams with subs for their games. The 4v4 game guidelines are below.
A 4v4 game will be demonstrated at the pre-season meeting so that all coaches run the games consistently.
4v4 Game Guidelines
• ONE coach (adult) only on the field during the games
• Ball out sideline: adult passes or rolls ball back in play along the ground
• Ball out endline: offense to half-field, defense dribble or pass ball back in play
• GOAL! Restart from endline or center at coach's discretion
• The one coach on the field is responsible for making the game FUN, safe and
• During games any additional coaches should supervise sideline substitutes
Players should bring a #3 ball and a drink to each AGP and game. Shin guards and cleats must be worn.
We look forward to a FUN u8 soccer season!
Warrington Soccer Club